Every year for summer, you feel like you want to show off your summer body. But, those extra pounds just won’t go away. What do you do? How do you lose weight fast for a summer body? With summer moving into full swing, people everywhere are hoping to slim down in order to fit into the skinny two-pieces and shorts and hit the beach in these hot months.
Achieving fast weight loss is not an easy process. There are multiple obstacles that can hinder you in your path to fitness success. Lack of motivation, lack of results, and lack of will power are just some of the obstacles that can bring your efforts to a grinding halt. With all of these forces working against us, is there any way that we can ensure quick weight loss?
Tips to Lose Weight Fast this Summer
Eating your meals at a slower pace is one of the first tips towards quick weight loss. The best way to avoid eating fast is to never allow yourself to become hungry. When we are hungry we have the capability of engulfing our meal in a matter of minutes. However, many are not aware of the fact that it may take our bodies up to 20 minutes to register that we have eaten enough. So by the time that message gets to us, a speedy eater would have consumed twice the needed amount of food. So if you happen to be one of those people who simply can’t slow down their food intake, try putting down your fork or spoon between each bite.
Another tip towards a successful weight loss diet is portion control. Many of us typically consume a lot more than we need to, that is where the saying “your eyes are bigger than your stomach” comes into play. The best way to overcome this obstacle is to use a smaller plate that tricks our brain into thinking we’re full. You can also try to consume smaller meals more frequently throughout the day, because let’s face it, nothing will help you lose weight if you can’t learn to control your food intake. Also, remember that the weight loss diet you are consuming should be rich in fruit and vegetables. This will improve your metabolism and help you feel full for longer. These are just a few helpful tips towards quick and effective fast weight loss.
How to Eat Healthy when Eating Out?
A lot of people who struggle with their weight loss diet become worried or anxious when it comes down to the prospect of dining out. One of the main reasons behind this is fear of embarrassment, or appearing too picky. It is often difficult to have a good time socializing when you are constantly thinking of your commitment to your waistline. This is especially true when the dinner plans are a first date. In this situation, a lot of people set aside their fast weight loss goals and order anything on the menu.
One of the most important things to remember is not to starve yourself in anticipation of the big dinner. When you starve yourself, you will feel so incredibly hungry that you will either order too much or order something that you would normally never eat. Ordering too much food usually leads to overeating and overeating is directly linked to weight gain and certain intestinal problems. That is why it is important not to starve yourself prior to a date.
Another step towards a successful dining adventure is relaxation. It is a well-known fact that dating stresses out a lot of people and it turns them towards food for comfort in those stressful situations. In order to avoid emotional eating, simply remember to relax and don’t assume that the other person is judging you. The truth is that the other person is just as nervous as you are and quite frankly, he/she will not be paying a lot of attention to what you are eating and how much you are eating. So the next time you plan a dinner date, remember to relax and remain well fed throughout the day.
7 Best Ways to be Healthy this Summer
- Take advantage of the delicious fruits and vegetables of summer. Stroll around your local farmers’ market for fresh options and a bit of exercise. Blueberries, squash, corn and greens all are at their peak during the summer months.
- Enjoy the beautiful weather and get outside. There are a number of great ways to exercise that are not only fun, but also effective. Try jogging on the beach, playing soccer, going on a bike ride or even taking a morning outdoor yoga class.
- Try out a popular weight loss diet plan that can help you lose weight fast and feel more comfortable in the swimsuits, tank tops and shorts of summer. Do your due research before choosing the correct diet for your body type or consult a certified dietician. When the diet guidelines are followed exactly, you can lose up to an average of 1–2 pounds per day, without exercise.
- Take before and after pictures in your swimsuit. When you can see how your hard work is paying off, it’s easy to stay motivated and keep on track. Staying healthy is not just about the physical side, but you need to take care of your mind too. Anytime you feel like cheating, this is a great way to show yourself how far you’ve come.
- Reward your efforts with a weekend on the shore. Make a goal for yourself and treat yourself to a special trip once you reach your target weight.
- Join a gym and try out a cardio fitness class. A number of calorie-burning classes exist that not only help you slim down, but ensure you having fun doing it.
- Invite friends and family members over and cook healthy meals at home. Grilling fish, chicken, fruit and vegetables can be extremely healthy and also quite fun. By including those close to you in your weight loss journey, you can remain social while still losing weight.